Thursday, April 8, 2010

Set This Hope In Me

If you tear me a part, will you put me back together?

If I'm overcome with grief, sweat spilling down my brow, will you comfort me?

If my heart, tormented with the sorrow of not knowing, longs to be put together again, will you find all that's lost?

If I begin to believe I'm alone, unlovable, unwanted, will you whisper to me?

If destruction is the path set in front of me, will you walk it with me?

If I'm scared, and I can't say it, can't express it, can't understand it, will you set light in my eye?

If my back has broken from this burden of shame that I have strung around my neck, will you carry it?

Will you release me?

Will you heal me?

Will you set me free?

Come. For I know you have, and you are, and you will.

For I rise with you. And I will let you hold me up. This destruction...this destruction is beauty.

For today we rise.

benjamin


No comments:

Post a Comment